The Unique Life

stories about men from women point of view...my point of view...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The ONE .1.

THE ONE


When you get to where you wanna go
And you know the things you wanna know

You're smiling

When you said what you wanna say

And you know the way you wanna play, yeah

You'll be so high you'll be flying

Though the sea will be strong

I know we'll carry on

'Cos if there's somebody calling me on
She's the one

(She's The One - Robbie Williams)

Everything about Steve is over. I have decided to move on. Lebih cepat lebih bagus , tentunya. That’s why, suatu sore, aku memutuskan untuk menikmati kopi favoritku di Starbuck Puri Indah Mal, salah satu tempat mencari inspirasi kesukaanku. Sambil membaca buku, menikmati secangkir grande Americano, aku melayangkan pandanganku ke sekelilingku. Ada segerombolan mahasiswa di tempat duduk paling sudut. Pas di depanku, duduk seorang pria, sendirian. Dari penampilan, he is exactly the type that I really adore : botak, atletis, tidak begitu putih, agak brewokan sedikit dan lumayan ganteng. Sadar bahwa aku memperhatikan dia, ia mengangkat kepalanya dan tersenyum tipis kepadaku. Aku membalas senyumnya.


Aku menunduk dan berpura-pura meneruskan membaca buku yang sedang kupegang.
Aku tahu dia masih memperhatikanku. If I just look at him and smile a bit different from the previous, I know that he might come to my table and ask for accompanying me. Should I smile? Should I? Tapi aku masih masih merasa belum fully recovered from my last relationship. But…how if he is the one? There the question popped into my head. How would you know that a man is the one?


Belum selesai aku berpikir, pria tersebut sudah berdiri di sampingku. “Can I join?”


"Mmm...sure."


Ia duduk di depanku. "Hope I'm not a bother at all. Charles."


"Unique."


"What are you reading?"


Aku menunjukkan cover depan buku yang sedang kubaca.


"Sybil." Charles tersenyum lagi. Aku baru sadar bahwa ia memiliki lekuk manis di pipinya ketika tersenyum. "I've read the book, too. Good book. Great doctor, Dr Wilbur."


Aku menatap wajahnya lekat-lekat. He looks so fake, pikirku. Pertama-tama menghampiri seorang wanita di cafe. He must have done it with a lot of girls. Then he tried to be nice by sharing the same interest with me.


"So...what are you doing? Kamu kerja di mana?"


Aku berencana untuk berbohong. Tapi it just slipped out of my lips. "IT Consultant Company. But I'm also a freelance writer."


"Ouw...a writer? I always dream that someday I could meet a writer in personal. What do you write?"


Dream meeting a writer in personal? Yea....Bet you have said it to lots of other girls before. I always dream that someday I could meet a model in personal. I always dream that someday I could meet an advertising consultant in personal, bla bla bla.


"I wrote short stories and columns."


"What kind of stories? Romance?"


"Sort of."


"Woo...then you must that romantic kind of girl." Charles tersenyum menggoda.


That's it. I know he's not the one. He's just one of those men , picking girls randomly in public places, so they can have a one night date.


Aku berdiri dan mengucapkan salam perpisahan dengan sopan. "Sorry, got to go. I've promised to meet my friends mmm 5 minutes ago."


Kekecewaan dan kebingungan jelas tergambar di wajah Charles. Meskipun rasanya aku masih tidak rela meninggalkan wajah imut di hadapanku ini, aku tetap melangkah pergi. He's not the one! He's not.... Ga akan seperti itu, if he's the one....


Sambil jalan ke basement, mencari-cari Visto hitam kesayanganku, aku berpikir lagi. Charles...he is cute, likes to read and nice. I like men who likes to read. Might he be the one? That question popped in my head again and again and again.... So what, he is a little bit flirty? At least he is polite enough. Tiba di depan Visto mungilku, aku berbalik lagi, menuju Starbuck di luar.


Aku mencari sosok imut yang terakhir kutinggalkan dengan wajah kecewa dan bingung. Mejaku sudah kosong, sudah dibersihkan oleh Jackie, barista Starbuck.


Aku berbalik menuju ke parkiran. Saat lift membuka di Starbuck, there he is. Standing in front of the elevator.


"I'm looking for you." Nafasnya masih sedikit terengah-engah.


I know precisely that I was giving him a very wide smile. "Me, too."


Charles tersenyum. "Can I walk you to your car, Mam?"
Aku mengangguk.


I don't care if he is the one or not. Don't want to think about it. I just know that I felt comfortable with him. And that is what matters now. The trauma might haven't disappeared yet. It will be a bit difficult to have a relationship now. But this might be my chance for me to find "the one". Then I will just grab the chance, hold on to it and hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home